While at the Teach Them Diligently homeschool conference, Ann Dunagan became one of my very favorite speakers! I have more notes to share with you from Ann Dunagan’s workshops on having a mission minded family. Here is part 1.
The next class I took from Ann was entitled:
3 Powerful Dynamics of a Mission Minded Family
1. Eternally Focused
- as believers we are all called to the great commission
- the great commission is not just one verse in the Bible – it is a THEME
- teaching our kids to live with a fear of God and not the fear of man
- Ecc. 12:12-14 – God sees all those little “secret” things that we as homeschool moms do – keep it up!! (praying with your kids, reading the Word, good-night hugs, etc.)
2. Lives in SUBmission to God
- like a submarine – we are UNDER God’s leadership
- not my will by HIS be done
- God is looking at the heart – what is motivating me?? in each decision I make for my kids, what is motivating me? what others think or what God thinks?
- Jesus didn’t just die for me and my children – He died for the world
3. Strategically aimed
- guard our kids friends
- our closest circles should be going in the same direction as us
- we must be intentional!!