I’m super excited to share with you something new I tried for this blog post. I’m going to actually talk to you and share with you a little encouragement from my heart regarding prayer and praying the Scriptures! Please let me know what you think in the comments.
Below is the summary of what I talk about in this quick audio session ~ less than 7 minutes, perfect to start your day! If you want to hear more about each option, take a quick listen!
**If you’re reading on a blog reader like Bloglovin’ or Feedly OR if you’re receiving this as an email, you will need to click over to hear the audio. I apologize! I don’t know how to get the audio to show up in other places!
Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue; God’s voice is its most essential part. Listening to God’s voice is the secret of the assurance that He will listen to mine. – Andrew Murray
5 Ways to Pray the Scriptures
1. My Index Card Spiral – read this linked post to see how I use an index card spiral as a Bible memorization tool. Listen to the audio track to find out how I use it to pray the Scriptures!
2. Open Bible and pray a Psalm outloud to God. Subscribe here to get 30 Days of Praying the Psalms FREE.
3. Use the audio version of the YouVersion app! I’m loving this new-to-me option. Listen to hear how I am using this. This app is really neat, you can find any Scripture, read it in any translation and also LISTEN to it!!
4. Journaling the Scriptures.
5. Praying the Scriptures for others. Intercessory prayer.
These are 5 simple ways to begin praying the Scriptures more in your own life. I would love to hear from you…do you have other suggestions? Tips or ideas I haven’t listed here? Please leave a comment below and let me know your favorite ways to pray the Scriptures!