How to take the Word with you, pray without ceasing, and let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly?
Are you looking for a way to literally take the Word with you?
To pray without ceasing. To let the Word dwell in you richly all day — and not just in the morning during your devotions.
Here’s how to pray without ceasing.
Find a phrase from whatever passage you’re reading that morning and write it down. Choose something that’s personal to you, something that meets you where you’re at — because that’s what God’s Word does for us each and every time we open it.
Take that phrase, write it on an index card, carry it with you through the day, add it to your phone as a reminder to go off every hour — and you’re going to be reminded to pray every hour. To pray the Word. Meditate on it.
Write it. Think it. Speak it. Pray it
I wrote down a few of my favorite phrases just to give you an idea.
- My delight is in the Lord. Psalm 1:2
- You are my shield. Psalm 3:3
- You are the lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3
- You put gladness in my heart. Psalm 4:7
- You are my defender. Psalm 5:11
- You will not forsake me. Psalm 9:10
- You deal bountifully with me. Psalm 13:6
- You are my portion. Psalm 16:5
- You deliver me because you delight in me. Psalm 18:19
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you. Psalm 19:14
- You are my shepherd, I lack nothing. Psalm 23:1
I would love for you to share yours in the comments below.