Patience is something I have to work on each and every day in our homeschool. There are days that school turns into a battle of wills (with my 5-year-old daughter especially). Sometimes I sit back and wonder what in the world I got myself into. Why can’t I just be like the rest of the world and send my kids off to school for the whole day? I am not always the most patient person, but I am certainly learning & growing. Homeschooling is definitely helping with that. HOMESCHOOLING IS HARD WORK!
I barely know what to do with all of our papers, folders, books, note cards, pencils, crayons, scissors, craft supplies, and more. I try. Things just never seem to be put back where they belong. My kids each have their own desks, but they are overflowing with papers, too. Every year I start off clean and organized. I think- “this year will be better!” But here we are almost at the end of the school year and I am buried in papers and books again. Maybe someday I will get it! I am sure some of you are laughing at this lesson that I have never seemed to learn.
- Sometimes my school calendar doesn’t get changed until a week or two into the month.
- Occasionally we’ll skip most of our regular assignments and sit on the couch and read together.
- When my sister calls & invites us to the park, we can get school done in 20 minutes.
- I often want to do school even less than my kids (but I try not to let them know)
- Art projects sometimes take up half the day.
- Lots of days I would rather blog than teach my kids.
- I usually over plan at the beginning of the year, but never follow my plans.
Click over to read all of the Real Life Homeschooling series.
Guest Posters wanted: the response to this post has been so great. ya’ll are great. 🙂 SO, I’m going to open up this series for GUEST POSTERS!! If you are a homeschooler and want to contribute your own “real like homeschooling” post, please email me with your post! I would like to have a picture to go with it. And if you have a blog, I will link back to you! 🙂 If you want to “grab” the picture in the top of this post, I will let you know when your post will go live and you can use this graphic as a teaser and point people here to read! I really think these will be encouraging to all of us as homeschooling mamas! I hope to share one post per week on this series!!