I was so very blessed to be among the blogging group that got to meet with Pam Tebow after she spoke at the conference!! What a blessing!
I will share all my notes from her session, but first of all I want to share with you my biggest take away from her: scripture memory.
I bet half of her talk was purely quoted scripture. I loved hearing her share scriptures she had memorized with her children. I absolutely loved hearing how God used some of those specific verses in their lives as adults!! His word does not return void!
For me, this was such encouragement to KEEP on KEEPING on with scripture memory. It will make a difference in the lives of my children!!
Here are some other thoughts from her session:
- Psalm 127 – children are a gift. When someone gives you a gift, do you try to change it or hand it back to the giver? No. So why do we try to change our children??
- Love is choosing the best interest of someone else and choosing to act on their behalf.
- If your child has a learning disability, don’t talk to them like its a problem or mistake. God doesn’t make mistakes! Tell him that is how God made them and God will use it in their lives.
- His banner over me is love. His love for us isn’t hidden – he flaunts it! We should flaunt our love for our kids as well!
- read the scriptures to/with your children daily.
- Each child will have security verses for life.
- Mr. Tebow implemented a no-complaining rule! Never ever!
- God created our kids for good works!
- We do what we can do at the time and God does SO MUCH MORE ABUNDANTLY.