I shared here how our 2011-2012 year went! Overall, it went very well! We were so pleased with many of our choices. Feel free to click over to my “homeschooling” link to see other years choices from the past.
I absolutely LOVE the fact that the majority of our schooling this year is TOGETHER. There aren’t too many things that all 3 of my kids aren’t doing! Now, Caleb may not have to write a paragraph about the Civil War, but he is learning about it right along with us. Make sense?
The kids will be in 5th, 4th and 2nd grades.
- American History year 2 – this year we are going to try out Biblioplan for our history. (American History year 2 is the 4th year of their program.) Last year was great, but I got a little weary from pulling multiple book lists and trying to pull it together myself. What I love about Biblioplan at this point: book lists for multiple ages, missionary studies included, companion which can serve as our spine, worksheets for those days I just want to print and go, craft ideas. (with our small co-op)
- Exploring Creation with Zoology 1: Flying Creatures of the 5th Day — birds and nature study!! I can’t wait! 🙂 (with our small co-op)
- Teaching Textbooks (Caleb just started level 3 and the girls are working on level 5.)
- Linguistic Development for memorizing lots of great poetry
- Bible – devotions, prayer, lots of Scripture memory. This year we memorized James chapter 1. I am praying and thinking about another chapter to start memorizing with the beginning of this school year!
- www.xtramath.org – I love this for daily, quick math review of facts!!
- Spanish – still looking, but leaning towards Spanish for Children (with our small co-op)
- Atelier Art – VERY excited about this!! (with our small co-op)
- piano lessons
- Explode the Code Book 4
- lots and lots of reading with mom
- copywork taken from other subject areas