1. my husband washing the dishes
2. a day out with the family
3. the ability to praise in the wilderness
4. God showing me my desperate need for Him
5. goodnight hugs
6. little boy asking to be carried to his bed and tucked in…help me never forget his big bear hugs when he is clinging to my neck
7. the gift of worship
8. the gift of tears
9. the grace He bestows by allowing His very words to sustain me and give me life
10. new mercy. every morning. undeserved.
11. tht God can fill my heart with gratitude despite the darkness that is overwhelming at times. the wonder.
12. He bids me come to Him, all who are weary and heavy laden. He doesn’t turn me away. He doesn’t say, “come back when you’re happy.” He says, “come.” more wonder.
13. 9 years of marriage. The good and the bad.
14. His perfect holiness, especially contrasted with my imperfect and unholy self.
15. God’s word – sustenance for my soul
16. happy, unexpected emails from old friends
17. unconditional faithfulness
18. new mercies, every morning. Just the moment I need it…
*on my old blog I had started the “1000 gifts” from Ann’s blog, The Gratitude Community. Well, I never ended up moving those posts over and have really, really been sensing that I need to start this again. I fully believe there is power in praise. I want to cultivate a grateful heart even when times are hard. I have also started a gratitude journal. I want to look back and see all that God has done…and not forget. I probably will keep my collection and add to it daily…but only add here on my blog weekly or so. Ann has what she calls “Multitude Monday” so maybe I will start that, not sure. All I know is that I have so much to be thankful for…and I don’t want to miss those things.
“On your feet now – applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into His presence. Know this: God is God, and God, God. He made us; we didn’t make Him. We’re His people, His well-tended sheep. Enter with the password: “Thank You!” Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank Him. Worship Him. For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever.” Psalm 100 (the Message)