These turkeys turned out so wonderfully!! The kids were super creative and went beyond a traditional brown turkey.
I found the directions for drawing this fantastic turkey at Art Projects for Kids, where she gives step-by-step directions for drawing a turkey! I used these directions several years ago with my own kids, but we followed her instructions on the colors closely.
With my art class at co- op I gave the kids a little more freedom and I am so impressed with what they came up with!
I love the colorful turkeys so much I can hardly stand it!! Aren’t they wonderful??
Turkey Art Instructions & Supplies
Simple Instructions: We drew the turkey together, step-by-step, with pencils. Next, the kids went over their turkey drawings with sharpie markers. Then, I gave the kids a choice of using watercolors, colored pencils or oil pastels.
I have a lot more turkey and Thanksgiving ideas here on this pinterest board if you are needing more ideas for this week!
Teaching Art Links
- Art Class Project Ideas Pinterest Board
- Supply List for Art Co-op
- 5 awesome art blogs!
- Van Gogh’s Sunflowers ~ Lesson Part 1
- Van Gogh’s Sunflowers ~ Lesson Part 2
- 12 Picture Books about Van Gogh
- Van Gogh’s Starry Night
- Circle Project with Oil Pastels
- Fall Leaves & Trees with Chalk Pastels
- Turkey Art
- Christmas Ornament Art Project
- Chalk Pastel Christmas Trees & Bethlehem
One of my favorite tools for teaching art is Tricia’s Simple Chalk Pastel Tutorials! Find them here!