I’m so excited to have THREE Van Gogh picture books to give away to THREE winners! Keep reading to the bottom of this post to find out how to enter!
Vincent, Theo and the Fox by Ted Macaluso is such a unique book for children! I love it! Your children will go on a fast-paced adventure all over inspired by Van Gogh’s paintings! As young boys, Vincent and his brother Theo spy a mischievous fox sneaking into a farmer’s cart. Wanting to catch the furry creature, the brothers give chase through colorful fields, over land and sea, into the city and beyond – settings illustrated by over 30 full color reproductions of van Gogh’s greatest works. On this imaginative journey, the boys – and the fox – learn about failure, success, and discovering how to be the best you can be when you grow up. It is also a sweet story about brotherhood. An epilogue gives a brief, factual biography of Vincent van Gogh.
Best Van Gogh Picture Books
- Camille and the Sunflowers
- In the Garden with Van Gogh
- Vincent, Theo and the Fox: A mischievous adventure through the paintings of Vincent Van Gogh – I love this story that takes the reader on an adventure all over the place, from one Van Gogh painting to another!
- Vincent’s Colors ~ this is a very simple book with simple, short wording, but it’s also one of my favorites because the lines in this book are Vincent’s own words written about his paintings in letters to his brother!
- Katie and the Starry Night ~ These James Mayhew books are EXCELLENT, probably my favorite books to introduce children to these famous artists!
- Vincent Van Gogh: Sunflowers and Swirly Stars (Smart About Art)
- Visiting Vincent Van Gogh
- Vincent van Gogh & the Colors of the Wind
- The Van Gogh Cafe ~ this is more of a chapter book, 64 pages, but I had to include it because it was written by one of my favorite children’s authors, Cynthia Rylant
- van Gogh and the Sunflowers (Anholt’s Artists Books for Children)
- The Yellow House: Vincent Van Gogh and Paul Gauguin Side by Side ~ this is based on a true story and my art students and I had a great conversation based on this book after reading it together.
- Katie and the Sunflowers
Van Gogh Art Lessons
I have collected a few Van Gogh resources and art lessons here for you!
- Van Gogh Sunflowers – Part 1
- Van Gogh Sunflowers – Part 2
- Van Gogh Starry Night
- Van Gogh Self-Portraits
- Van Gogh Artist Study & Free Copywork Pages
Teaching Art for the Non-Artist
Did you know I have a whole series of posts (enough for at least 1 semester!) on TEACHING ART for the non-artististic teacher or parent?
I am musical and creative, but I’m not an artist. However, I taught art at our homeschool co-op and LOVED it.
THREE of you will win a copy of this picture book called Vincent, Theo and the Fox. U.S. Residents only.
Use the Rafflecopter to enter!