I love seeing what others are reading so I thought I would share my book list from 2018, too!!
What was your favorite book from 2018?? What is on your list to read in 2019?
This is sort of tradition around here! I have kept track of my lists for years now!!
Disclaimer: I’m not listing these as recommendations. Just sharing what I read this past year.
Books I Read in 2018
- High Performance Habits – great book to start the year and focus on habits that are going to help you the most
- Start – EXCELLENT book by Jon Acuff. I now want to read ALL his books!
- Leota’s Garden – super fiction book by Francine Rivers. I pretty much love all her books.
- The Austen Escape – wonderful, light fiction story by Katherine Reay. I also love her books and wish she had more for me to read! I’ve read all of hers now!
- Switch on Your Brain – probably my favorite book on mindset that I’ve read. Written by a Christian neuroscientist. Also follow Dr. Caroline Leaf on instagram, she is fabulous!
- 31 Days of Praise – great book to help you re-focus!
- 40 Days to a Joy Filled Life – this was the 2nd time I read this book. SO GOOD for having a Philippians 4:8 mindset: think about THESE THINGS.
- Girl, Wash Your Face – I enjoyed this book, wasn’t a favorite, but it was good. It’s not the Bible nor should it be. She had some good & motivating points, but not all of it was fitting with my worldview.
- Masterpiece – I LOVED this fiction book by Francine Rivers. Probably one of my favorites of hers!
- Before We Were Yours – oh my. Y’all will need your tissues for this but it is SO good. This story will grip you!!
- The Forty Day Word Fast – so good for thinking about the words we say and the things we think!
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth – probably my FAVORITE leadership book to date. Everyone needs to read it!!
- Small Great Things – I enjoy Jodi Piccoult’s books however they always have more language than I am comfortable with.
- The One Thing – very motivating read!
- Who We Were Before – another lighter fiction book that I enjoyed
- Rhinoceros Success – SO GOOD. This book is not for everyone. 🙂 But for me, it was affirming of my drive, my motivation, work ethic and encouraged me to keep striving for my goals and not be ashamed of being a hard worker who ENJOYS what I do!
- The Secret to Hummingbird Cake – such a sweet fiction story. Grab your tissues. One of my favorites!
- Victory Over Darkness – every Christian needs to read this book!!
- The Alice Network – loved this historical fiction book too, based on the WW1 time period. There is some inappropriate stuff in the book but overall I loved this story!
- Self Coaching 101 – another excellent read on mindset!! very practical!
- The Nightingale I love Kristin Hannah’s writing! This story is gripping and sad and intense, also based on the WW1 era set in France. This story has stayed with me.
- The Great Alone – she is probably becoming a favorite author. Her stories are just so intense and pull you in and you can’t stop reading!! Another excellent story from Kristin Hannah.
- Mindset – one of my favorite mindset reads! This is where I learned the concept of 2 kinds of mindsets: either fixed or growth. We desperately NEED to all adopt a growth mindset.
- One Day in December – I LOVED this storyline but there is a lot of language and inappropriate stuff in the book. So I don’t feel like I can recommend it!
- Secret Life of Bees – LOVED this fiction book set in the 60’s. Has anyone seen the movie? I wonder if it’s any good.
- The Bookshop on the Corner – loved this lighter fiction read. There is a little adult subject matter but it wasn’t too much for me.
Past Years of Reading Lists