“Bible memorization has the effect of making our gaze on Jesus steadier and clearer.” – John Piper
Let’s discuss the BENEFITS of Scripture memory! What would you add to this list?
1. We can recall the promises of God in times of uncertainty.
2. Our minds are renewed and our lives transformed. Romans 12:2
3. You can better fight temptation. Psalm 119:11
4. God’s Word gives us direction and wisdom. Psalm 119:105
5. God’s Word gives words to our prayers in times when we have no words. #prayingthescriptures
6. We have comfort in times of fear. Isaiah 56:3-4
7. Memorizing truth helps us to replace the lies we hear from the enemy. John 8:31-32
8. We have a place to focus our troubled minds and then God gives us peace as we meditate on His Word. Philippians 4:8-9
9. We are conformed more and more into the image of Christ. 2 Corinthians 3:18
10. We know God more by knowing His Word. We can stay in close communion with Him through the day as we meditate on His Word.
“I know of no other single practice in the Christian life more rewarding, practically speaking, than memorizing Scripture… No other single exercise pays greater spiritual dividends! Your prayer life will be strengthened. Your witnessing will be sharper and much more effective. Your attitudes and outlook will begin to change. Your mind will become alert and observant. Your confidence and assurance will be enhanced. Your faith will be solidified.” – Charles Swindoll