We used the idea found on this blog for painting Jupiter with our little co-op last week! They turned out so awesome!!
It’s fairly simple and leaves you with a really cool finished product!
- Pour a little bit of liquid starch into a foil pie plate (or a glass one would work too.) Just enough starch to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Put a few drops of watered down acrylic paint into the starch (with a medicine dropper) and let the kids “blow” it just a little bit. This blowing is like all the WIND and STORMS on Jupiter!!
- Then, lay into the starch and paint a white circle cut out of paper.
- Leave it laying in the paint/starch for about a minute or so.
- Take out and let dry.
- Glue to black paper and draw lots of Jupiter’s moons around the planet!