A few years ago I shared about one of my ALL TIME favorite gifts I have ever given my children! So, when Vicki mentioned doing a round up of Free & Frugal Christmas Gifts, I knew I had to share this idea again!
Several years ago we gave each of our children a coupon book full of 12 coupons with fun ideas for them to use throughout the year. The idea was that they would use one each month, and I even went so far as to label each month so that I could put something special in their birthday month. 🙂 So, each child had 12 coupons.
For me, this was an awesome way to ASSURE that those special one-on-one times we wanted to have but forgot or just never got around to, well this would help make those things happen!! These coupons would help us be more intentional on ideas we’ve had in the past but never carried through with.
Give a kid a coupon book and he will not let you forget about using them. ha!
Ideas for Coupons
- 1 Redbox movie of your choice
- Sunday dinner of your choice
- Dessert of your choice
- Date night with daddy
- Date night with mommy
- birthday date with mom or dad
- Christmas shopping with mommy
- bake a treat with daddy
- family fun day of your choice (within reason!)
- one-on-one date with grandma/grandpa/aunt/uncle (anyone the child would be excited to spend time with!)
- your choice of games for family game night
- ice cream sundae party
- invite one friend over for sleep over
- invite one friend over for pizza and a movie
I used this page to create free coupons, but I’m sure there are tons of options online!