I was looking for a creative ornament I could make for each of my piano students and I decided to try this idea! I have seen this idea with scrapbooking paper used instead of sheet music. You can use coordinating colors of scrapbook paper to match your decor or to match a team color or such!
For my piano students, I wanted to use sheet music! It is vintage at that! 🙂
- Glass Ball Ornaments (I got mine at walmart, they are plastic so that my students won’t break them!)
- Sheet music (or other scrapbooking paper in the colors of your choice)
- Burlap Craft Ribbon (or other colored ribbon to put through the hanger)
- Gold Paint Pen if you wish to write anything on the balls (I put their first initial on the ornaments for my students)
Sheet Music Ornament Instructions
- First, cut all your paper or sheet music into strips. I would go with 1/2 an inch up to maybe 3/4 of an inch, of course this is all personal preference.
- Take the hooks out of the ornaments.
- Take a pencil and roll each strip of paper tightly around the pencil, while still holding the paper tightly, slide off pencil and slide into the ornament opening.
- Continue until the ball is full of paper, to your liking.
- Once ball is full, place lid/hanger back on it.
- Add burlap to the hanger.
- Use paint pen to write a letter or date or name on the ornament.
More Simple Ornament Ideas
Check out other frugal ideas at Thrifty Thursday!