Have you read Psalm 119 lately? It’s the longest chapter in the Bible, so give yourself a little bit of time, but it’s worth it. It’s one of my favorite psalms.
And there has never been a time we’ve needed it more. So many powerful reminders of why we need God’s Word so desperately in our own lives.
Friends, no matter what you’re struggling with today – fear, grief, envy, betrayal, unforgiveness, loss, heartbreak, worry, insecurity…no matter what it is, Jesus will meet you in the pages of this book and sit with you through it.
Does He take away the hurt? No, we are in a fallen world. But He is Emmanuel, God with us, and the best way to be “with Him” is to open your Bible and open your heart.
I could keep typing all day but here are a few favorite verses from Psalm 119. I encourage you to camp here in this chapter.
- How can we keep our way pure? By living according to Your Word. v. 9
- How can I know the way to go? Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. v. 105
- Need revival in your life? “Revive me according to Your Word…” v. 25
- Need help seeing the miracles all around you? “Open my eyes that I may see wondrous things from your law…” v. 18
- Need help in walking by faith? “Oh that my ways were steadfast in keeping Your statutes…” v. 5
- Struggling with fear? “YOU are my hiding place and my shield, I hope in Your Word…” v. 114
Praying revival for our world and it starts here – with us, with me, and with God’s Word.