We all have them. Rainy days of the soul. Because we live in a fallen, broken world, it’s just a part of it. Oh but to gaze at the Savior and be reminded of our FUTURE HOPE that one day there WILL be a day with no rainy days of the soul! Praise Him!
Until that day, we need a PLAN. We need to do some battle. Find our armor. Replace the lies with truth.
Choosing joy can be hard. But it can also be simple. Let’s make a list together of the “little things” that bring us joy. I say “little,” but we all know that these little things do bring us moments of joy. And moments of joy lead to a grateful heart and a content spirit.
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” William Arthur Ward
A Plan for the Rainy Days of the Soul
The Simple Joys
What are the “little things” that bring you joy? Joy is a fruit of the Spirit…let’s seek it, choose it, fight for it!
What would you add to this list?
- Memorize Philippians 4:8 (grab this free printable)
- Meditate on a Psalm
- Memorize an encouraging passage of Scripture
- Turn on praise music
- Have a dance party in your kitchen
- Read a chapter in a great fiction book
- Go for a walk
- Have a cup of hot tea or coffee
- Walk outside even for a few moments of fresh air
- Text a friend
- Call a friend
- Write a thank you note to bless someone else
- Meet a friend for coffee or lunch
- Watch a favorite feel-good movie
- Serve someone else
- Speak the Name of Jesus aloud
- Turn on your diffuser with happy, mood boosting essential oils (citrus or joy blend!)
- Open a bottle of frankincense or joy, take a deep breath and breathe it in
- Write down 3 things you’re thankful for
- Start a gratitude journal if you don’t have one
- Let someone know you are thankful for them
- Drink more water
- Eat clean, healthy foods
- Get out of the house for a little while
- Have a small piece of dark chocolate
- Tell someone you love them
- Preach the gospel to our own hearts (Jesus is the GOOD NEWS)