I have shared recently about my coming off of Effexor and the battle that has been for me physically and emotionally. I want to update that post with some encouragement for you. I know I am not alone in my struggles. I also know that GOD IS FAITHFUL. I have to testify to that. I have to share the ways that He blesses me. One of those ways is by giving me peace through His Word.
Almost always, if I can spend a few minutes with Jesus in the morning, in His Word and in my favorite devotional, my heart finds rest and peace immediately. He is so good to fill me up. That doesn’t mean he guarantees a perfect day. Not even a great day. But, He is faithful and He is with me.
I have seen power in the Word in my own life. Memorizing verses, like the ones I share below, help me to meditate on Him, to dwell on His goodness and not what I see around me.
I wanted to share a few of my favorite verses that have encouraged me recently. I pray they bless you too. At the end of the post you will also find a printable of MY favorite of these passages. 🙂 I hope you will take a few moments and dwell on the verses written below. God is faithful.
Favorite Verses When I Need Encouragement
- “From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.” Psalm 61:2-3 ~ this verse has been my “go-to” verse many, many times. When my heart grows faint, and it will, lead and direct my heart to YOU, oh God!
- “My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress and I will never be shaken.” Psalm 62:1-2 ~ this is the reminder that I so often need, my soul will find rest in GOD ALONE. Nothing else will satisfy. No perfect set of circumstances will bring me joy. He alone is my rock. I ask God daily to help me trust Him more and more.
- “Since then you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.” Colossians 3:1-3 ~ I pray this verse so often as well. I have to have God’s help to set my heart on Him and things above. I have to have His help to turn off the negative and critical thoughts in my brain. I need the reminder that I am hidden in Christ. He is my shield and my refuge. Nothing and no one can do that for me. Christ alone.
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 ~ this verse reminds me to keep constant communion with Him. When I pray and bring my requests to Him, He fills me with peace that is truly unexplainable.
- “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:18-19 ~ I am not “stuck” in this place. God’s Word is full of new beginnings. I am new in Christ. Daily He is still working on me. I’m so thankful.
I created a printable of one of my most favorites. I hope you are blessed by it too! I love having Scripture around my home, don’t you?
Do you have a favorite passage that encourages you when you are struggling? I would love for you to share that with me.