So many of my readers are still homeschoolers, and though we placed our children in a private school for the first time this past school year, I thought I would do a round-up of our all time favorite unit studies that we did over the years!
As homeschoolers (and even as a kindergarten teacher before having children) my FAVORITE way to teach was to use unit studies! I probably would have considered my style unit studies & Charlotte Mason if pressed to define our methods.
You can see ALL of my posts on unit studies by scrolling through them here.
Favorite Unit Studies
So, how do I choose my favorites when we did unit studies for YEARS? I am a firm believer that learning can be FUN, so I’m going to choose the studies we had the most fun with!
Click on these links to see pictures and resources for each of these studies we’ve done over the years!
- Ancient Egypt (even older kiddos can have FUN learning about history!)
- Ancient Rome
- Nature Studies by Shining Dawn (such a GREAT way to tie in nature study WITH all the other subjects!!)
- Chocolate Unit Study (of course this was a favorite! Lots of taste testing!)
- The Olympics & Ancient Greece or Summer Olympics Study
- Chickens (when we got our chicks, so much fun! egg experiments and more!)
- A Winter Unit Study (lots of nature study!)
- Ants & Proverbs (with an ant farm of course!)
More Unit Study Resources
Homeschool Share has TONS of FREE unit studies available for you and many of them have lap books also!